Thesis Papers: Methods of establishing support for the policy, including how to influence policymakers
For this section of your paper (approximately 3–4 pages in length) address the following:
- Describe your selected population health issue and the population affected by this issue.
- Summarize the advocacy programs you researched in this area.
- Explain the attributes that made those programs effective.
- Develop a plan for a health advocacy campaign that seeks to create a new policy or change an existing policy with regard to the issue and population you selected. Be sure to include in your plan:
- A description of the public health issue and proposed policy solution
- Specific objectives for the policy you want to be implemented
- The means by which you will convey information to various stakeholders on the need for this policy change
- Be sure your proposed need is substantiated by data and evidence.
- Methods of establishing support for the policy, including how to influence policymakers
- Explain how the attributes of the effective advocacy programs you researched could be applied to your proposed advocacy campaign.