Assessment of Strategic Leaders
For this weeks’ assignment, consider the following leaders:
· Abraham Lincoln
· Mahatma Gandhi
· Mother Teresa
· Barack Obama
· Muhtar Kent
· Herb Kelleher
· Howard Schultz
· You may also select other well known leaders with approval of the instructor
Research any two of these leaders and assess what makes or made these leaders strategic.
In your comparison also consider:
· What commonalities can you identify in terms of these leaders’ personalities, communication styles, ego, personal will, and other leadership qualities?
· What evidence exists to suggest the leaders were (or weren’t) committed to greatness?
· How did they build extraordinary organizations (or movements)?
· What lessons can you synthesize from your study of the leaders and apply to enhance your own leadership practice?