- This unit contains one Discussion Board topic.
- Read this topic carefully so that you can post a response that addresses all aspects; each initial response should include a minimum of 100 words.
- You should also respond to at least two classmates’ postings for each Discussion topic; each response should contain a minimum of 100 words.
Topic: Higher Education
In 1873, Dr. Edward H. Clarke’s book, Sex in Education, prompted a debate over the potential hazards of co-education.
- What impact would this debate have on education opportunities for women in the decades following the end of the Civil War? How would improvements in higher education correspond to changes in the workforce for American women?
- In your response to the Discussion Board, consider connections you are able to make to your own life experiences. How are you able to relate to the experiences of women pursuing college degrees and workforce opportunities in the late 19th and early 20th Centuries?
Provide connections to the Unit 2 Reading material via APA formatting (citations and references).