1. Identify the purpose and components of a high-quality IEP.
2. What is an IEP? What purpose does it serve?
3. Explain the difference between procedural requirements and substantive requirements for developing IEPs. How did the Endrew case clarify the substantive standard for IEPs?
4. Describe how a high-quality IEP is developed around the unique needs of each student.
5. Explain how to develop challenging, ambitious, and measurable goals.
6. Identify the elements that should be included in a statement of the individualized services and supports to be provided to a student.
7. Explain the importance of documenting a student’s progress toward meeting his or her IEP goals and reporting that progress to parents.