What is Family Resource Management and why is it important to today’s American family?
Goldsmith, E. B., & GOLDSMITH, E. B. (2003). Resource Management. In J. J. Ponzetti Jr. (Ed.), International encyclopedia of marriage and family (2nd ed.). Farmington, MI: Gale.
Week 3 Discussion 2
Prepare: Before responding to this discussion, click through the interactive (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. above and carefully review the descriptions of each step of metacognition in Section 3.2 of Chapter 3.
Reflect: Metacognitive activities, such as this discussion and the Metacognitive Forums, can help you reflect on your own learning and develop higher-order thinking. As you complete this discussion, you may realize you were not always aware of how and why your thoughts corresponded with your actions in the past. Pausing to analyze why you’re doing what you’re doing can help you improve the final quality of your work.
Write: In complete sentences and a minimum of 250 words, address the following:
- Assess one’s progress as an intentional learner by considering each metacognitive step: mulling, connecting, rehearsing, attending, expressing, assessing, reflecting, and revisiting.
- Which step do you use with ease? Describe how you use it.
- Which step is most challenging for you to use? Why?
- Which step do you skip over or ignore completely? Why?
- Imagine someone asks, “What kind of student are you?” How would you answer? What would they observe about your study techniques? Consider things such as the following: engagement with course resources (textbook, video, articles, Instructor Guidance, announcements), how often you log in to class, participation in discussion forums, approach to taking quizzes, etc.
- Now imagine that same person asks, “What kind of student would you like to be?” List three specific things you are doing to become the student you want to be.
In Chapter 2, please review Figure 2-1: Key roles for a successful analytics project. Select a data analytics of your choice and discuss how the following roles add value to this initiative: Business User, Project Sponsor, Project Manager, Business Intelligence Analyst, Database Administrator, and Data Engineer. Again, please note that you will discuss specific activities that each of these roles may perform on a data analytics project that you select.
– Typed in a word document.
– Please write in APA Style and include at least three (3) reputable sources.
Watch this video:
Human Factors in Aviation Maintenance (YouTube 5:05)
Now that you have viewed the video, consider the reading material and do the following:
- Use one of your researched accidents specifically and briefly explain it.
- Determine if this type maintenance-related error happens more often than not in the industry. The Dirty Dozen are preconditions for unsafe acts.
- Examine these acts and how understanding them can help in life, personally, and in the workplace.
- Finally, research the “Filthy Fifteen” and what it means to maintenance professionalism.
Start with an ‘eye-catching‘ title, then create/write your blog post before selecting ‘Post Reply’.
After you create/write your blog, you are expected to engage in dialogue with at least one of your classmates. Your initial post needs to be thoughtful, thorough, and comprehensive. This means your initial post needs to be enough information to thoroughly explain your thoughts. Additionally, include properly formatted in-text citations and references to support your position.