1) According to the article “The Yacoubian Building: A slice of Pre-January 25 Egyptian Society,” the author mentions three themes that the film use to expose political corruption and social injustices? What are these themes?
2) How does religion appear in The Yacoubian Building?
3) How does the film improve your understanding of Arabic culture and society?
4) According to Karim Tartoussieh, what is the film’s most controversial character? Why?
5) According to the film, what is the relationship between Islamic radicalization of disenfranchised Egyptian youths and social injustice as well as corruption?
6) How does the relationship between past and present emerge in the film?