Read/review the following resources for this activity:
- Link (video): Benito Mussolini (Links to an external site.) (53:48)
- Minimum of 2 scholarly sources (in addition to the textbook)
Watch the entire video on Benito Mussolini (noted in the Required Resources). Identify and describe 3 aspects of the video you found most interesting that align with each of the following:
- Foreign policy.
- Violent and/or non-violent movements for social, economic, and political change
- Governmental authority/loss of personal liberties
Conduct additional research to provide an analysis of those 3 aspects. What information did you find that the video left out? How did the video enhance your understanding of those aspects?
Read the information included in Jefferson’s Message to Congress (1803). Once all reading is complete, respond to the following items:
· Thomas Jefferson wrote this secret message to Congress about the Lewis & Clark expedition in 1803; what does it tell us about Jefferson’s views of westward expansion and Native Americans?
· What solutions does Jefferson propose to the friction between the fledgling republic and the Indian tribes of the West?
· What arguments does he use to explain the Lewis & Clark expedition?