You will write a 1,000-word Positional or Propositional Argumentative Essay. Review these argumentative approaches per this week’s readings/discussions
FINDA CURRENT CONTROVERSIAL ISSUE OF YOUR CHOICE;
SELECT SOMETHING THAT MATTERS TO YOU OR PEAKS YOUR
Write a 1000 word essay. Your paper will present your position on or
proposition of a current controversial issue of choice.
• Decide on the issue you will argue and the position you will take.
• Create a clear claim
• Focus on making your position clear and developing varied convincing
points as support.
• Examine possible objections to your point of view; consider acknowledging
strong points made by the opposition in at least one paragraph.
Remember that you cannot ‘see’ who your opposition is, so it is crucial
as a research student to do just that—research [and thus anticipate]
• Most importantly:
• make this your own; even argumentative essays are the writer’s
• do not step away from your paper and allow the issues to control.
• t h ink of why the chosen topic is of any importance to you and
your journey, and then write with this in mind.